An electronic health record (EHR) which documents medical history and care is created for each patient at McKinley Health Center. If you need information from your record, you may request that copies be sent directly to you, another person, healthcare agency or facility.
To request information from your McKinley EHR, complete the following steps:
1. Read and complete the authorization form:
- Include your contact information, date of birth and University ID number (UIN).
- Check any applicable boxes if your records contain HIV/AIDS testing, alcohol/drug abuse treatment and/or mental health treatment. (Note: Mental health records require a witness signature, which can be a friend, parent, etc. - no notary required)
- Print, date and sign the completed form.
- Allow up to two weeks for processing. Please indicate a specific deadline on your consent form if the information is required sooner due to a medical appointment or emergency.
- Note: Medical records (except HIV/AIDS testing, alcohol, drug abuse treatment and mental health records) can be faxed to other healthcare facilities and colleges/universities only. Records cannot be faxed to personal/business faxes.
2. Submit your completed form to McKinley Health Center by selecting one of the following options:
- Upload the completed form via MyMcKinley (the Health Center’s secure patient portal). Log in to the portal using your University Net ID and password, click on the Upload icon and follow the upload instructions.
- Fax the completed form to the Medical Records Department at (217) 244-6495
- Mail the completed form to:
McKinley Health Center
Medical Records Department
1109 S. Lincoln Avenue
Urbana, IL 61801
3. You may also use this authorization form to request records from an outside facility or provider.
- To have records sent to McKinley Health Center, complete and submit this form.
- Submit form directly to your outside provider.