About McKinley Health Center
McKinley Health Center serves the students at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. The Health Service Fee, which is paid as part of your enrollment, provides the funds to prepay many of your health care needs. Some of the services provided by McKinley include:
- 24 hour Dial-A-Nurse service - lets you speak with a health care professional to coordinate your health care needs
- Visits with your Primary Care Provider - we have 13 full-time Physicians
- Pharmacy service - many medications are offered at low cost or no cost
- Mental Health counseling and treatment
- Travel exams and inoculations
- Women's Health Clinic
- Health Resource Centers provide over-the-counter self-care supplies at no additional charge
- Health Information from our Health Education Unit
McKinley can provide most of your non-emergency health care. Emergency care is provided by area hospitals. If you have an emergency, call 911 (9-911 from a campus phone). Carle Foundation Hospital or Presence Covenant Medical Center have emergency departments and ambulance service.
Primary Care Providers
You're automatically assigned a Primary Care Physician when you enroll. The goal is for you to see the same doctor while you're at the University. Having a doctor who is familiar with you and your needs increases the quality of care you receive. You can change doctors if you want, but all our doctors are among the finest available.
Using McKinley couldn't be easier. If you're sick and think you need to visit McKinley, in most cases you'll start by contacting Dial-A-Nurse at 217-333-2700. This health care professional will answer many of your questions and suggest a course of action including scheduling an appointment if indicated. You can also schedule an appointment yourself on-line or by phone.
McKinley's convenient location is easily accessible to most of the UIUC Campus. We're located at 1109 S. Lincoln Ave. on the south-eastern side of campus. There is metered parking but check the parking tips section before your visit.
When you arrive at McKinley and have an appointment, use the convenient Self Check-in Stations to let us know you're here.
We look forward to meeting your health and wellness needs.